Thursday, June 13, 2013

I am grateful today

Macy helped me feed Anna today

So many nice things have been done for me today I need to write them down. 

I had surgery yesterday on a troubled root canal. It was painful and sore so Ja took Macy to the mall so I could nap. Then a friend Katie offered to take Macy that afternoon for me. The pain medicine kicked in so I was feeling good enough to hang out with Katie and her daughter Izzy. Macy and Izzy played in the splash pad for 2 hours. My medicine started to wear off so Katie ran into Target to buy me more ibuprofen. Then Ja stopped work early to meet me and the girls for dinner so I didn't have to cook. 

Last night Anna slept all night without waking up which was a treat. I woke up though to take more medicine but at least I didn't have to take care of a baby too.

Today I woke up with a swollen cheek that made it hard to talk. I felt tired so I dropped Macy off at Katie's house so I could sleep when Anna napped. 

At 4:30 our neighbor called to say she had dinner for us. This was only minutes after I told Ja I still didn't feel up to cooking and would heat up leftovers for dinner. She didn't know I had the surgery! She was an answer to my prayer and so kind. She made us delicious homemade empanadas. 

After dinner Ja played with the girls so I could slowly clean up and relax. 

Now I'm sitting in the hot tub at the gym while Ja stays at home with the (hopefully) sleeping girls. 

Although I was uncomfortable all of today I had great people helping me out and making me feel loved and helping my family too. 

Our dinner

Ja and the girls enjoying Popsicles. Anna took it right out of Ja's hand and would NOT let go. 



No comments: