Monday, April 4, 2011

Beets, Beets, Beets

I made beets for the first time and I really like them now. I'm not sure if I like all beets, but I like these that I made. Not only do they taste good but they have a beautiful color and they make everything turn that color. I visited a new market (GW Market for you locals) and their produce prices were so cheap I thought I'd try making something new and if I didn't like it oh well.

I got the recipe from Allrecipes.com. It's called Grandma's Harvard Beets. I liked them the night I made them but I think I like them even more the next day when they have chilled in the fridge.

The recipe says to use canned beets but I had fresh I had to roast them first. I removed the greens and wrapped each beet in foil. I then roasted them at 375 for 45 mins.

No comments: