Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Macy is growing up

Everyday Macy does something new that amazes me. I can't believe she will be 3 in only 12 days!

Yesterday Macy fully entertained herself for a whole hour! This is a big deal for her. Usually I have to suggest the activity or sit with her. I was in the kitchen making cookies and she got out a magnetic doll to dress, markers to color with, and books to read. Then she sat in front of Anna and read her books. Lots of books. Then she wanted to sit in the cabinet so she pulled out all her books. (See photo)

We went to Barnes and Noble and she read to me there. This girl loves her books.

I'm very impressed with Macy's reading comprehension. We've been reading some Christmas books lately. Granted she's heard them a lot but tonight she read them to me and I was surprised at how much she repeated. She said actual words and phrases she doesn't use in normal conversation.

She is growing up so fast. I'm so proud of her accomplishments!



No comments: